Monday, February 28, 2011

Kanya Viday - An Emotional Farewell...

Kanya Viday - An Emotional Farewell...
Acrylics on 12" x 12" Canvas paper.

Kanya Viday / Bidaai is the Hindu customs in which after marriage, the bride walks out with the Groom from her parent's home into a new world to lay the foundation for an entire new life with new family and a different environment. The tears of joy and sorrow can be witnessed not only on the daughter's face, but also on the Mother's.
And that's what I have tried to express by this painting. Actually this one is for my "Mom".

"Years of bonding and a separation within minutes."
It's hard to describe that feeling her daughter being sent off which runs through a mother's mind and the emotions which fill her heart. Unimaginable it is to see a mother cry and smile at same time by hiding her tears.
  
When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts.
A mother always has thought twice, once for herself and once for her child. A daughter is a mother's gender partner, her closest ally in the family confederacy, an extension of herself.

In Gujarati they say "દીકરી તો પારકી થાપણ કહેવાય" ( Dikri to Parki thapan Kevay )
Which can also means – "The farewell of a daughter is inevitable".
You can Listen that incredible song by link below..

For all detailing, a closer look, And a touch of Gujarat this image explains more..!
Many "Thanks" to my friend 'Abhishek Diwan', who helped me to explain this painting by words.
Do let me know about Your thoughts and comments for this one.
I Will be back with something new with my next post..!

7 comments:

  1. As i said ,i check ur blog daily.here my first comment for the painting.the color u chosen just taking my concentration fully on ur painting.lovely detailing for both ladies.awsome.
    shobana,(saheli)

    ReplyDelete
  2. waiting for two panihari with full of eager.just cherish me with ur flavours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shobana,
    Really good to see you..!!
    Thank you so much.I was looking for ur email to reach you, but not able to find it..!! Send me a mail,i would love have a nice talk with u..!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neat work! And great choice of colours Rachana!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow!! wow!! did you really paint this... I am super thrilled... Really!! You must send me some pics.. of your paintings and a little write up.. I'd love to feature... such a bundle of talent... Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are gorgeous. I am a fan and a follower :-) Hope to see you over at My Dream Canvas :-) Take care Anu

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am just awed by your lovely paintings..love the features, colors and all the detailing..great work!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.... Thank you for leaving me a note!

You may like this ..!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...